If your traffic isn’t converting sign ups your email list or generating sales is because your one of the above is lacking,
Lucky for you, there is a shortcut in making your products, services or freebies desirable using…
In the following 3 easy to follow steps, you’ll have the perfect formula to dominate the marketing world.
Let me explain you!
Step 1 – How to Write a Hook that grabs attention!
If it isn’t eye-catching, then it isn’t worth the people’s time. Start your advertisement with something that immediately grabs people’s attention.
Social media contributed to the new generation’s short attention span so your hook needs to be short and attract a lot of people. Make your target audience drop whatever they’re doing to look at your ad or sales page.
Tips for writing a good hook in any copy:
1. Length matters!
In this case, the shorter, the better. Lengthy hooks rarely catch people’s attention. They’ll just scroll away from your advertisements and try to find something more interesting than a wordy pile of nonsense.
2. Grab Attention.
As seen on the tip#1 attractive attention can be achieved through use of secrets, curiosity, FOMO, FEAR…
Remember prospects have emotions that are related to their specific problems or issues that you’re trying to solve.
To do so you need to start at the end and work backwards:
- Who are your prospects (create a customer persona)
- What are their problems (and emotions)
- How is your products solving their problem
- What emotions your prospects have
Being too general has a risk of hooking the wrong audience who won’t be interested in your product or services.
3. Get into your target audience’s mind.
What are their concerns?
What are they doing?
What do they want?
What are they desires?
Figure this out then tell them that you are the answer to their concerns.
4. Must be Highly relevant!
Connect your hook to your prospects using highly relevant benefits or desires. Emotions play big role here! People will stay connected to everything that is highly relevant to their emotions.
That said every niche prospect have different needs and desires. Means creating a persona should be your priority and the reason why so many marketers do that.
5. Be bold.
Some marketing agencies even write shocking hooks to get more attention from people. Because boring statements will do you no good. Your job is to make your audience curious and interested.
A hook isn’t necessarily a tagline or a headline. It can be anything! It can be an image or video to your post or ads, a questions at the beginning of your video, anything that grabs people’s attention!
Step 2 – How to tell your Story that sells without selling!
Once you have grabbed their attention, tell a story that will keep them curious about what you can offer. Good storytelling requires emotional connection to the readers.
Its all about learning how to close a gap with your own products and services. It may take some time, but after you’ve master this, you will be able to close sales without trying any sleazy sales techniques. Would you like that?
Tips for a good story:
- Make it relatable! Prospect loose interest if they can’t relate with your story! Think back when you were the same ordinary person as you current customers are and make a story that would explain this journey! Then Think yourself would you care about a story if you can’t relate to it?
- Give a good conflict. Every great story has conflicts in them. And then, tell them how you found a way to solve this conflict. And then tell that your products or services are the answer to their conflicts(that’s when you realised….)
- Tell them what differentiates you from your competitors. Even better, tell your audience that only your products and services can provide them with the solution that they need.
- Don’t put cliche words that sound like they’re from a robot. People know how to distinguish an emotionless marketing campaign from a true and relatable story. Get statements from people who actually love your products. You can also tell your own story about how you were able to come up with this product.
- Make your product sound enticing using an irresistible offer in the step 3. .
There are tons of tips out there to create a good story. Think outside the box if you have to. You don’t need to stay conventional.
(In the next blog post we will explain 1 effective strategy about creating your own story that you can use to sell without selling)
Step3 – How To Create An Irresistible Offer!
Finally, you tell the customers why they want your product. You have your customer’s attention, you have given them a story they can connect with, now, give them an irresistible offer that they won’t be able to think twice before taking it.
And you do this by Offer stacking (Best way to close deals in 2020)!
Tips for making offer stack even more effective is by:
- Use verbs and ask prospects to take action 3-4 times. Ask them to buy your product, avail your services, sign up to a newsletter, or check out your website.
- Offer something irresistible. Give them discounts or freebies! If they aren’t convinced yet, this one will surely entice them!
- Keep it simple. Don’t complicate it or burden your audience with tons of words. Keep it straight to the point.
- Lastly, Create a sense of urgency. Yeah, sure, they may check out your product but they tell themselves they’ll do it later. However, they may forget and all your effort will be for nothing. Instead, tell them to do it within 7 days before the offer expires, or tell them only first 25 will get this discount. You have already reeled them in up to this point, reeling them in again next time can’t guarantee the same success.
So what’s left now:
And you can learn this by starting to explore any ads or offers you see and find, and start thinking what’s the
HOOK – STORY – OFFER
TIP: To do so go to facebook ads library:
And type in any Famous/Niche/Shop/Guru/Keyword and it will show you all of the related advertisements on facebook!
(you may need to change filter by to -> all)
If ads are active and have been for a couple of months, then they are proven to work. What you can do is model their title (emotions targeted), an image, colour choice to get similar results (Model them, but don’t copy!)
If you do that you will unlock the secrets of what their marketing department has put together or they have spent thousands to purchase from the marketing agencies (or copywriters)!
With these three properly executed, you’ll have a higher chance of making your customer base bigger.
To recap we have covered:
Step 1 – How to write a hook that grabs attention
Step 2 -Tell you emotional origin Story (strategy in the next blog post)
Step 3 – Offer stacking is how you win in 2020
Once you have mastered these three steps, you are now ready to dominate the marketing world. Good luck!
PS! Remember, In the next blog post you will find out exactly how to create your origin story.
If you need any help with your website you can find what services we provide here